All the pregnancy books say to talk to your baby in-utero and to play smart music. The baby can hear it, and will remember. I have never believed this fact, and did not put head phones on my belly.
When I was pregnant, Spence made an Anniversary Play list on my Ipod in July. I listened to it all the time, cleaning, cooking...all the time. The first song is Better than Love, by Griffin House.
Last night when Maddux was fussy and not going to sleep (for over an hour), I turned on my Anniversary Play list, and he instantly quieted down and fell asleep! I am now a believer, Maddux listened to the song for 4 months before being born, and must miss it. Hopefully it can now be my secret weapon at fussy times!
Any of you had similar experiences?
P.S. In response to Teri's comment, this did happen one other time about a week ago. Maddux stopped crying and listened happily for a few minutes. But was it the music that calmed him, or the actual song???
4 comments:
So I'm still skeptical. You'll have to let me know if it happens on multiple occasions. The cynic in my says that after an hour of being fussy, maybe any song could have done it. Or maybe he was just ready to stop. But like I said, that is the cynic in me. So let me know how it turns out.
I'm a believer!! When I was pregnant in Hawaii and driving around the island a billion times a day for work, we had 2 CDs in the car. One was Postal Service and the other was The Stars. Choob pauses when he hears songs by them on in the stores and when he was 1, he would say, "listen stars, listen stars momma" He also likes the first few songs on each CD best & I think it's b/c those were the ones we listened to most often. I think we have the only 2 year old around who likes indie music. Whatever works!!
Wow - you have got me thinking - I listened to a TON of Heart and Hendrix while pregnant with my second - that might explain why she is a little spicier than the others.
Wow that is really cool. I'll have to try it with my next. I usually listen to a plethora of music so I don't know that it would work, although while I was pregnant I was around a lot of noise and Noise is what calms Oliver down the most.
Post a Comment