I realize things run in a cycle, and that is how we progress. But this parenting thing is hard! Lately I cannot win with Cooper. I feel that chores, allowance, and responsibility will fix a lot of things. If you empower a child, they feel a sense of accomplishment and success. And sometimes that is enough.
Savannah has become the pestering little sister. It has gotten so bad, that we have offered to give Cooper his own room to separate the 2. But he is too afraid to be by himself, and further away from our room (which would only be about 6 feet down the hall. What a tender boy!)
I specifically remember this from my childhood. This is where the sibling nick names come in to play. To hurt each other's feelings. But the incessant "Stop looking at me, stop touching me, stop singing, stop breathing..." is just too much. Once a day in the car they are fighting, and every day when they get dressed. I do not know what to do!!! So I do nothing.
And this is what is going on in my life. I am surviving right now. Maybe I will win the battle soon.
If you hit the cat with your cookie monster car
She will bite
6 comments:
Oh no ... poor little guy - Anyhow, I love what you said about empowering the kids - I really need to do more of this!
I'm sorry it's difficult right now, I think we all go through those periods and I can't imagine having 3 children during one! Keep your head up, it will pass :) You are inspiring as always!
Tell the kids that if they are naughty their Aunt Christy will come and lay the smack down!
Sometimes don't you just feel like a broken record? All you get to do is run interference rather than spend the time educating and as you say, empowering our little ones. I know it's just a stage but it's still hard when you're in it. Keep trying and I know you're doing your best even if it doesn't feel like it at times. Good luck my dear!
Your such a great mom! Why are some stages so hard and others so pleasant? I swear when you are in the middle of the storm it feels like it will last forever, and then you look back and it doesn't seem so big.
Well, you ARE a great Mom AND wife. But we have a lot to learn in our few short years here on earth and parenting throws all the stops at us. Sooo, I read lots of parenting books like "Children the Challenge" and tried to improve myself, haha! Even took a P.E.T. class to try to survive. Can't say it helped or not. I just wanted to feel in control (of myself). Prayer and fasting, yep that one helped. Cheerleading helps too- "You CAN do it!!" "Keep it up! Keep it up!" "Goooooo, Julie!" Love you, Mom
Post a Comment