Our BIG outing this trip was a visit to the Cabrillo National Monument, aka the Point Loma Lighthouse. A small museum taught us about the Spanish who discovered San Diego, or San Miguel as they named it.
He even has his own statue.
That small black line in the bay is a SUBMARINE coming in to the Coronado base. The kids loved watching the coast guard escort it in. This sub drew quite the crowd.
We walked up the hill to the lighthouse.
I had no idea what a fun park this was. The park rangers offer a Junior Rangers program. Cooper and Savannah received 2 booklets which we took with us on the adventure and answered the questions. They were then interviewed about their new learned knowledge, and were sworn in as Junior Rangers. Cooper was so in to it. After he repeated the pledge he timidly asked Spence, "Dad, what if I can't keep my promise?" He is so serious and tender!


They even received a certificate and badges. Soo cool.
On the drive in and out of the Point, the most incredible cemetery lines both sides of the road and go right up to the cliffs over the ocean. These are graves of our fallen service men and women. It was a magnificent sight.
2 comments:
So awesome, we took Ashley to that park a few years back and enjoyed it so much. I couldn't believe I'd never gone before!
I have vague memories of this from my childhood. Thank you for reminding me.
Post a Comment