Tuesday, January 3, 2012

After School Talk

I am giggling with the greatest story to tell. Cooper is my sensitive boy. Today at lunch the talk was of Black Holes. Burke said the center of time is there. Cooper was inquisitive and needed to know. I told him Burke does not go to church to learn about Heavenly Father. He relies on science for his answers of the universe.

Our conversation evolved and wrapped around a few subjects.  We began talking about where we came from and where we are going. I taught him about our spirits entering a time of rest from our earthly cares and sorrow when we die. We recently returned from a week long vacation. Upon return home as we came in the door every member of our family sighed relief at being home. It was a joyous feeling. I told him that is how we will feel when we die and go back to Heaven. We talked about how those who believe in Christ will minister to those in Spirit Prison. He was apprehensive at first. The more we talked about the Millennium , Temple work to become a giant family connected from Adam to the last baby born, and our Judgement Day he got happy. By the end he said, "Mom I am almost excited to die."  I am going to repent every Sunday, go on a Mission and get Married in the Temple. I am going to be so obedient to get back to Heaven.

Savannah came in and asked for a snack. I asked her if she had washed her hands after school. She lied and said yes, then I sent her off to wash "again".  When she came back Cooper with a mischievous grin said, "Savannah if you don't stop lying you won't get to live with Heavenly Father, you will have to live with Satan."  Savannah's face crumpled and turned to me. "Whaaat! I don't want to!"

Maybe our girl will stop lying now. I will have to keep Cooper on her case about strict obedience... or at least trying to be good. We only have a year and a half to reform her til she is 8!  I am still giggling at the ridiculousness of it all.  Cooper is so fun to parent.

1 comment:

Meet Britt said...

I love what a great mom you are. You truly are an inspiration! Plus your miles, 109? Awesome!