Saturday, June 23, 2012

SLC Bee's Game

Ahh, the work it takes to have a fun family outing. The Tibbits invited us to attend the free game night with our Pass of all Passes. Sure, why not! Spence races home from work, I go in to the office for a bit, we load up the kids and race to the stadium for tickets, then Chili's for take out dinner on kids eat free night. While I am getting the food Maddux chokes and pukes all over himself in the parking lot and Spence totally panics. Yuck! Luckily there is a clothing store near. I grab him a cheap outfit and we race to Liberty park to picnic dinner. It was delish. Soo good.

We then race to the game and find ourselves in deep traffic. I unload the kids at a red light and rush them to the stadium. Savannah had begged to bring her Cane but in the rush I say no, leave it!

As soon as we cross the street there are several blind people with canes!!! Apparently the NFB has a posh room and there are people every where with canes. Savannah has a melt down so I call Spence to bring the cane after he parks.

 Well, no one watched the game. The kids just wanted treats so I went to buy Kettle Corn and Cotton Candy. When the cashier told me $12 I said oops! I only have $10. She giggled and said, OK, that's fine. What! That was so strange. But yay for me!

The little kids and the moms rode the bees train and we left half way thru the game. It was OK with us. What a heavy tiring night. Family of 6 is what chaos is.



What totally cracks me up is Savannah is in deep Braille Boot Camp and she is just loving her cane. As she would walk around she would either trip people with her cane because she wasn't using it right or the red sea would part for us. It was really fun.

The following morning driving carpool to camp Brooke and Kendyl tell us that Megan's little sister was at the game with cousins and recognized Savannah from far away because she had her cane! Too funny. What a summer experience.

No comments: