So what is up with all this Facebook frenzie? Spence recently signed up on Facebook and loves it. He has been looking up and reading about every friend, relative, celebrity...any person of interest and he is reading about them.
I am not convinced it is a good thing yet. You put all your personal info on it and then let the world look in? I am sure it is fun to spy on others, but do you want others spying on you? It almost feels like a big brother phobia to me.
Am I uninformed and lame? At least with a blog you can only let in those you want. And I know with facebook you can take similar precautions. But isn't facebook a little too much like the yucky myspace?
Is blogging for those with lots of time on their hands to create poetic, creative posts? Is blogging for those with class? Is one better than the other, or are both necessary to keep up. Should I subscribe to Facebook and join the frenzie?
What do you think?
8 comments:
Come to the dark side Julie - I'm on Facebook and I need more Friends - Brady is catching up with me.... :)
Seriously - I think it is a few steps above MySpace - and have reconnected with some friends from my childhood. It has been super fun - plus, my nephew thinks I'm really cool because I'm an old lady on Facebook!
Blogging is defnitely for those with class... but I have a Facebook, too. I rarely use it, but I plan to figure it out one of these days.
I am on facebook but have NO IDEA how to use it. Actually, I don't even know how I got on it. I got an email from a friend and then before I knew it, I had a page. Now what? I need a tutorial from Spence.
You know, I've been on facebook since its beginnings, and I have a love/hate relationship. It really is great for keeping in touch with your friends, and it's a lot less yucky than myspace. You have lots of privacy options, and you can always say no to friends if you think they'll stalk you, and you can always put as much or as little info on as you want. It's also addicting and ridiculous, and the applications get to be really stupid, and you end up with more info than you really wanted about some people (and don't even get me started on facebook flirting, but that isn't an issue for you). I like it for getting friends together - events are much easier to organize on facebook when everyone you know is on it. You just have to decide if you have the time to become an addict, because it's like becoming an alcoholic: lots of people have the potential in them. (Long comment. Yikes.)
I am NOT a facebooker. I haven't even been to the site. It seems like a super senior site to me. I guess I have moved on. I am in touch with pretty much everyone that I would want to be in touch with. I guess if you were looking for someone it could be helpful. Who has time for it anyway. I can't keep up with my own life , let alone everyone elses. I can't even keep up on blogs.
Hey. I see you on sundays. You see me. what more could we want? I actually haven't ever checked out facebook...I like to check blogs once in a while, but other than the occasional blogging....I feel too busy and I think I'd get addicted! Happy blogging!
I think blogging is the way to go for close friends and famly, but I recommend at least putting your name on Facebook. It's been fun to get in touch with old friends that don't have blogs. I do have my suspicions that it's a government mechanism to keep tabs on everyone though, so I'm keeping it casual. No personal info. I don't really know all you can do with it. Spence?
Facebook is fun for catching up with all the old people that you've forgotten about. You can make your profile completely private, which is nice. I don't use facebook a ton, but it is kind of fun to get a quick peek at friend's lives.
Post a Comment