When Maddux was 4 days old, he and I went shopping while the kids were at school. I was dead for the rest of the day, but I accomplished what I needed to.
The rest of the week I was able to finish planning my sister's baby shower, keep the house clean, cook, do all the laundry, organize the garage for winter, and keep up on email and reading blogs.
Saturday I was able to pack up all my supplies for the baby shower, carpool to the shower, party with the girls and make it home in time for a nap.
A few friends can not believe I have been able to accomplish all I have in the first week of Maddux's life, and have called me Super Mom, but am I? Are not all Moms fulfilling her duties as a Mom, Wife, Friend, and household? Do we ever get a pass to just ignore life and self indulge?
I will say Advil has been my friend this past week, a daily nap, and a very helpful husband have been my constant aids.
I guess what keeps me going are my adorable kids and my responsibility to them as a Mother. Cooper has taken more interest in Maddux and has even held him when I needed help and Maddux stopped fussing and fell asleep in his arms!
7 comments:
You are, and always will be, a Super Mom in my eyes! You having 3 kids all under the age of 6 is enough of a reason, not to mention everything that you're able to accomplish! Congrats on your first week, it sounds exhausting but very fun :)
You go Julie!!!! That is a HUGE accomplishment to have all 3 out the door by 8:30 a.m.!!! Just know I walk in your shoes everyday : )
I need to come shadow you for a day...I have a lot to learn before I can earn the Super MOM status. Good Work Super Mom.
WOW! You really are a super mom. I think I have to go take a nap now after reading your post.
I love coopers comments. Little kids come up with the funniest things.
Yep, you ARE super mom. It's true - you're running around all crazy and sometimes feel like death/a walking zombie, but looking back on the day, you feel accomplished and proud of yourself.
I'm SUPER impressed with you being out the door by 8:30!
And "Hurray!" for Cooper for being such a great helper!!!
This is why I was soooooo glad my guy came early, so that I wouldn't have to deal with school AND a newborn. And I can't ever remember thinking that 4 hours was a good night's sleep. On those two counts you have earned all my respect.
And based on the list you just went over, I am so very glad we have been released from our callings. I am enjoying just being mom and wife right now - life is very good.
And we have a new sit and stand, too - LOVE IT!
Way to go Super Mom! I only hope I can do as well. I didn't realize Christy was pregnant. Tell her congratulations for me!
Post a Comment