Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Smarty Pants

Cooper loves to be read to from The Illustrated stories from the Book of Mormon. A few nights ago he read 1 Nephi 14:15-17. It talks about the wrath of God being poured out upon the church of the devil. Check out this picture:



Yes those are people on fire running away from a shell of a building, and a bridge being destroyed.

Spence interpreted it as "The wicked and bad people would be punished."


Today as Cooper and his friends were disagreeing I hear him say, "If you are not good, you will be burned by Jesus."

A friend asks skeptically but hesitantly, "Is that true?"

I did have to intercede and smooth things over and tell Cooper to stop spewing scripture out of context! Sheesh! Being a parent is entertaining.

3 comments:

The Prigmore Family said...

This is one of my favorite posts from you by far. HILARIOUS!

Kim & Campbell said...

I love it! I had a sister like that!

The Roy Family said...

I LOVE it!! I love that they soak up all the info, but then its vomited out of context. Gavin pointed at a bald man in his yard and said "Mommy, look, there's a lamanite!" We've now learned that there are more than physical differences between the "nephites and lamanites" in this day in age.