Yesterday at church Cooper saw a picture of the Christus statue. He really wanted to go see it again. As good parents should do, we were peer pressured by our son to take FHE to Temple Square. It was fantastic. The weather was perfect and the walk was magical. It was our first opportunity to teach a receptive Cooper about feeling the Spirit in sacred places. He was so sweet and humble, loving the family outing.
Of course we had to bribe the kids to be reverent and patient during the teaching experience with Hot Chocolate at Nauvoo Cafe. That place is adorable, and I cannot wait to go back for food. We could not resist the Mint Chocolate Brownie, Carrot Cake, and Triple Berry Pie. Yum!
While talking about the Temple being designed to withstand earthquakes, Cooper began singing, How Firm a Foundation. Thank you primary music leaders for being wonderful!

Savannah shared her story of Jesus with us while waiting to cross the street. She quickly told Spence the story of Jesus telling the blind men to rub mud in their eyes, and then go wash in the river. I wanted to cry right there for the meaning this healing miracle meant to me. And for my daughter who could use a miracle like this in her own life, to be teaching us this lesson of faith was too much for my grateful heart. We are so blessed as a family, and I am so humbled by what my children have taught me this evening. To end with a Hymn, Because I have Been Given Much....

10 comments:
What a great FHE. You guys are awesome parents and your kids seem pretty awesome too. It's nice that you have so many church sites close that you can visit. We're planning to take the kids to the San Diego temple grounds while we're out there. They want to see where we got married. Maybe we should drive to the St. Paul temple for an FHE- although they don't have cool tours or hot chocolate nearby:)
I love that Cooper was singing How Firm a Foundation! I remember that we really worried about whether or not the kids would understand the meaning of the song. So glad he did!
Oh my goodness ... Heather and Janae were AMAZING music leaders ... my kids know ALL 3 verses of "How Firm a Foundation" ... I am so grateful for their efforts. And I love your FHE experience, especially little Savy sharing that story, thanks for sharing with us!
Ahhh, that is so precious. You are both great parents!
Wow what a powerful evening! You guys must be doing something right because your kids have it down pat. Love the post. Thanks for sharing.
Very touching. Especially the part about Savy. Thanks for sharing.
I was really touched by Savy's story too. You have some amazing children, but it is no wonder, because they are being raised by amazing parents. Thanks for sharing that story!
One of my favorite things about this is looking at Cooper's face in these pictures. When does Cooper every take pictures where he's not pulling some kind of crazy face? I love how his face looks so mature. He clearly understands that this is not the place to pull a crazy face. It's lovely.
Your entire family is amazing!
Man, I hope as my kids age that we can graduate to having more productive FHEs like that. Until then, it's still family home minute.
Post a Comment