But still came as a HUGE surprise to us. If you have asked me if I was having more kids, my answer was "It would take an act of God to get me pregnant again." Yes, I get very ill and am pretty much disabled for 16 weeks, then I gain 50 pounds.
God did speak to me in various ways, and through a complete lack of sanity, I did conceive immediately. The comical aspect: after I ovulated I told Spence, "If this doesn't work, we are NOT trying again. What are we thinking. This is crazy!"
So it was meant to be. I am 10 weeks miserable, and better not be nominated as worst dressed for What Not To Wear as my fashion sense will be lacking the next 8 months.
Lets just say we have been stunned and have not known what to think the last 2 months. The surprise has begun to wear off and I am now starting to think about tiny fingers and toes as an exciting thing to have in the house again.
The most amusing part of this all has been the reactions I have received from family and friends. My Mom and sisters all gasped and then blurted out, "Was this planned?!!!" Yes, I was seriously done. My friends have been equally stunned and then say, "But haven't you sold all your baby gear at the nickel auction?" To that I say yes, and will be needing to borrow many items. But this is a good thing. So I will just see the humor in it all.
I am in the Relief Society Presidency. When I told the President, she said, "Well, I guess we can give you 6 weeks off...." The timing for this is going to be hard but we are game. So there you have it. 6 weeks and counting until food tastes like food again.
17 comments:
You're pregnant...? (-:
Congrats Julie! I am so excited for you. You have the cutest little munchkins. I'm glad you decided to add to the cuteness!!!!
Congrats! How exciting! However, I'm so sorry that you get really sick when pregnant. Let me know if you need some Gingerale, Sprite, saltines, or ginger snaps...that's pretty much what I survived on my first few months of pregnancy with Alexis:)
What the?!!! If anyone can do it, you can Julie! Congrats and hang in there!
Woo Hoo baby! Boo morning I mean all day sickness! 16 weeks of having the flew feels horrible.
haha Spence! Congrats you guys :)
Hooray! I'm so excited for you. Hang in there with the sickness. I know it can be tough. This just made my day!
YAY!! Congrats....I am so sorry about the sick part, being pregnant is harder than any non-pregnant person can ever know! You will do great!
We are so happy and excited for you guys! I was a bit suspicious when I saw you eating a sandwhich in Sunday school the other day. This is great news. Congratulations!
I'm so happy for you sister! Those darn promptings are hard to turn down, eh? :) Love you!
Yes, we ARE excited for you and the end product. And if you remember, I did not gasp-I screamed a long shocked, in disbelief, and happy scream. It was fantastic news, but sorry for you and Spence to suffer the sickness! Spence, you are the BEST! And you both become more spiritual with each baby.
Congratulations, to you all! Remember the end result because it makes it easier to bear . . . Love you.
Congratulations!! I'm so happy for you guys! You are such great parents that I know you can handle another little indian. Let's face it... your kids are so adorable you owe it to the world to make more of them! Good luck with the morning sickness. Know that it WILL end!
I am SO SO happy for you! However, I am so sorry that you are sick. I was watching you on Sunday and really wondering if all is well. Welcome to the "I eat in the middle of church even fast Sunday" club. I always feel so awkward but come on. We have 11:00 church and I HAVE to eat sometime during that time frame or I'll die. You are such an amazing mom and I'm so glad another child is gonna bless your family and the rest of our lives. Hey, if you need to vent, let me know since I'm right there with ya. Cheers and love!
Yay! There are 4 kids in my family and I personally think it is a great number! So excited for you:) Congrats!
What great news. Since I don't ever get to really 'chat' at church (it's more like talk as fast as I can and then chase down a child) I have to congratulate you via your blog! So congrats! If you need a break from your other kiddos when you aren't feeling so hot send some of them my way. I'd be happy to entertain them for you!
Ha ha - I am with Brittany about chatting at church ... fortunately we get to chat a little more often! So glad all is going well- even when sick.
And enjoy those church snacks - because you feel really dumb doing it when you aren't pregnant!
Post a Comment