This morning Savannah told me she could see two Mommies. She had learned to not use her null point to see an out of focus world. Savannah has nystagmus (oscillating eyes) which give her unclear vision. The Dr told us when she was a baby that she would develop a null point (a tilt of the head to stabilize the eyes) to see a clearer picture, which she did by the age of 2. In this photo from Sunday, you can see her with her head turned, peering out of the corner of her eyes, trying to see a focused Cooper open a present. (Savannah is in pink)

Savannah has never talked to us about her vision, and she has no clue she has a "vision situation." I was surprised that she was fascinated with her new found trick, to not use her null point to see double vision. She played around for the next 5 minutes seeing 2 Maddux, 2 Sasha, 2 Mommies...
I am excited to finally begin the conversation of what Savannah's limitations are, but still so scared, praying for a miracle.
1 comment:
I think it is really interesting to see how incredibly strong children are and how they accept their circumstances. I will pray to that she will be able to see as well as possible.
Post a Comment