We have been wanting a piano for years.
In the Fall a friend of ours was selling theirs. We dreamed about buying it but it was out of our price range. We really did not have money for a piano. It felt right to just wait.
My great friend Audrey frantically called one evening mid February. A neighbor was moving and needed to be rid of their piano. It was headed to DI if someone did not snatch it up. I was out buying new running shoes but the good husband I have ran over to claim the piano as ours.
It is a bit worn on the outside. Nothing we are too embarrased of. The miracle is that ALL but one key work wonderfully and are all there. For a give away piano this is as good as they come. We had it tuned and pitched today and it sounds perfect. We are so happy with the new addidion to our family.
All the kids love hearing the sounds they can make. Cooper has figured out jingle bells. I have had fun playing the few hymns I know and accompaning Cooper on his recorder. Cooper is on the waiting list for a great piano teacher. I have wanted my children to be able to learn and love music like Spence and I do. We are now one step closer to having music in our home.


2 comments:
What a wonderful blessing. We were lucky enough to inherit ours from Mike's father when he upgraded his piano a few years ago. It's so nice to have in our home.
How fun for you and Cooper to play together. What new songs is he learning on the recorder?
Post a Comment