Friday, August 10, 2012

Heritage

My Aunt Friday came through Utah in August on a summer vacation. Along with her came Papa Jim, my cousin Teri, and her 3 boys, Benjamin, Jacob and Zane. They spent an evening at Wendy's home.
I love my Aunt Friday. Growing up we would spend our Sunday afternoons at Grandpa and Grandma Quiggle's house, and Aunt Friday and her 5 kids lived next door. They were always there. Holidays were spent between the 2 houses, special occasions, swimming, Easter egg hunts, sleep overs in Dad's old room, getting eggs from the chickens without the geese pecking at us, rummaging through the old barn. Like I said, I spent a good deal of my childhood with the Quiggle family. As a teenager I held my 16th Birthday party at Friday's home, rode quads around her property, drove her convertible, tended to her after the bad car accident her and Jim were in, I even worked for Aunt Friday the summer Spence and I were married. Friday even convinced Mom and Dad to let me have a Bentley on my wedding day and helped pay for it. Aunt Friday is a supporter of dreams and a beacon of love and security.

 After a BBQ dinner Aaron, Wendy, and Teri took all the kids to Trafalga. Teri was so good to be Savannah's buddy on the rides. I love that my big girl spent time with my cool cousin I looked up to as a little girl.


While the kids were out playing I got to spend some one on one time with Jim and Friday. Friday talked my ear off about the important things in life. Friday has Parkinson's. She lives a fast track life. She would only sleep 4 hours a night fitting in everything a busy mother and grandmother and business woman needed to do. And ohh she knows how to play. Growing up she was always at the bay boating or the race track or on another adventure. Friday has slowed down a bit but still knows how to enjoy life. It must be something to be on the winding up end of life reflecting on years past. I felt loved as Friday poured out her wisdom. I am so blessed to have had this special night with her.  

 Jim, he is a hoot. We chopped up peaches for dessert when the group would return. What a character, having to have his picture taken with Cooper so they could be documented too.

I feel so much love for my Family. I love being part of something and belonging to a great heritage.

No comments: