I have to say yesterday was insane! By far, it was my craziest day yet. And the odd thing is that I did not get annoyed or discouraged by any of the events. I just stopped and stared and thought, how is this happening? Oh well...
- Cooper has a really bad canker sore and is not eating much, so I almost kept him home from school, thinking he would be cranky and hungry, but sent him anyway with a note to please send him home if not feeling well. This is weighing heavily on my mind because Cooper already has anxiety over school.
- I go to Rite Aid because I have $150 in store credit there (check out their transferred prescription program, it is awesome!). Savannah and I shop for 1 hour buying odds and ends. When I attempt to pay my $160 bill, the entire total is charged to my Flex Spending prescription card!!! When I say, "doesn't Rite Aid have the program that subtracts OTC items and only charge that amount", I am told "No." After 30 minutes of 2 annoyed managers returning everything I purchased, and re-purchasing everything with the Rite Aid money, I run out of the store. (Rite Aid has the oldest cash registers, I have never shopped there before and never will again!!!)
- I am amazingly still in good spirits and am just waiting to pick up Cooper and the neighbor friend from school. I only pick up the boys Tuesdays, 11:30, and on early out Fridays, 10:50. As I am loading Savy in the car to pick up the boys, I get a phone call. "Hi, I still have Cooper here!" I am thinking, who is this and school is not even out yet? I am slow to discover I am 20 minutes LATE, I was thinking 11:50 pick up time. Another DUH moment for me. Totally embarrassed but still laughing, as the other carpool mom laughed at me also.
- I then tend 2 little neighbor friends, one Savy's age and a little boy who is 10 months old. When my friend, their mother, comes to pick them up, she tells me a friend of our's children have Hand Food Mouth.... what are the symptoms of that? Canker sores in the mouth and blisters in the webbing of hands and feet, and highly contagious. Hum, I think Cooper has those symptoms!!! Hello? Really? Do we have it also!!! I call the pediatrician and the kids are not contagious after the fever breaks. Well Cooper never had a fever, that I noticed. So do we or do we not have it? Another bizarre development in my day...
- And it continues with the grand finale. The biggest surprise of the day. I am baking a cake for girls night out. The pan has been in the oven for no longer than 2 minutes when we hear a huge crash/crack.
- Yes, this is a picture of my nearly 30 year old oven with cake batter and glass. No, the pan was not cold...it was a freak of nature!!!
8 comments:
I hear you- I have days (maybe not quite as bad as that) like that all the time. The key is not to get upset about the small stuff.
I love that you are still in good spirits after all that. I doubt I would be. Thanks for babysitting today!
Oh my gosh, Julie. This is ridiculous! I think you need to treat yourself to a pedicure or something. :)
I feel your pain! I seem to have casualties every time I cook, but they are usually my fault. The other day, making a casserole, I burnt myself and dropped a bag of potato chips (making the crunchy casserole topping) on the burner (I'd left on), which immediately caught on fire and melted the plastic to the burner. When I tried to pull the bag off, chips exploded everywhere. You get the picture.
You know what is so funny, I can totally picture you staring off into space questioning all of this. So funny, and just so a part of life! Sorry about the cake, but I really can relate! Hope you all don't have HFM Disease - I am still watching The Boy, hoping he didn't get it! ugh!
Julie!! Seriously I am dying right now picturing you going through all that. What a Day.
It's Hand Foot and Mouth disease and choob has had it 3 crappy times so I know the symptoms. Yes, they can get it again. and again. don't let anyone else tell you otherwise. If they get blisters on their palms and bottoms of their feet or in between their toes they have it for sure. The most common is the blisty's in the mouth and throat. There is not a thing you can do for it except wait it out. They last about 2 weeks. awesome I know. Hang in there.
Also a pinprick rash that kinda looks like heat rash on the torso. It will show up easiest when they are in warm water like the tub or shower so check out the kiddos when they bathe for the rash.
That is awesome! Next time I think I'm having a bad day, I'll remember yours and think, "Hmmm.. that's right, my life's not that bad." ;) Love ya sis! I can't wait to see you and your soon to be baby boy!!!
Post a Comment