Check out all the peaches we grew this year! Unfortunatly, the peaches had an unsightly fungus on the skin, so we could not give them away like we have in the past. As a result I took courage to try something new. I started with 2 batches of easy freezer Jam.

I then used the pretty peaches to make 3 batches of canned peaches. Aren't they gorgeous?
Today Savannah and I slaved away over the last of the bunch, mushing peaches for cooked Peach Preserves.

This is better than play dough.

They are beautiful on my counter waiting to set. I am now a true domestic housewife, and desperate to relax with a good book.
5 comments:
Wow, Julie, you are truly amazing! They look beautiful. Save me a jar of jam for Christmas rolls, K? Savy looks like she's having fun doing something forbidden, playing with food!
Looks awesome! Way to go. Canning is a lot of hard work. I'm really impressed.
Great harvest. I wish we had some peaches. I am working on my tomatoes right now- salsa & canned for soups. Hey, will you be in CA for Christmas this year? I'd sure love to see you this year- how sad it is that far in between these days.
Way to go domestic one! Next time you are down you'll have to show me how to can stuff.
Hooray for being domestic! I just made my first giant batch of strawberry freezer jam last week (about 70 jars to provide to everyone in R.S. as an Enrichment gift) and am now brave enough to move on to bigger and better. I never thought I'd be excited about canning and growing a garden! You are an inspiration Julie!
Post a Comment