Sunday, July 10, 2011

Celebrating 11 years

I love that my husband still loves me, and I him. The last eleven years have been full of crazy, fun, highs and lows. But when you get down to it, we love each other dearly. We love our children, home, routines and extended family. We have been blessed with just what we need in life. These blessings did not come with out patience. We have been tried and tested together and know there will never be an end to it. But together we are complete. Happy Anniversary.




We had a crazy week and were grateful to Bert and Judy staying with the kids while we went to Boondocks for 24 balls each in the batting cages, then dinner at Tony Burger, which Spence LOVES, a move: 17 Miracles, and then out for dessert. We had seen the restaurant Cracker Barrel on a food show. We decided to try it out. We chose the Coke Chocolate Cake, and Apple Cobbler. Both were soo good. On our table was a fun peg board game. I loved it so much I bought 2 for the family with camping in mind. After we ate, I challenged Spence to a game of checkers which was across the room. He killed me, and I loved it. This date was so unlike us. We were fun and spontaneous and playful. Not to say we are normally boring, but we changed the routine.


We stayed the night in Layton at the Residence Inn Marriott. Spence went to an Elders Quorum softball game in the morning, and I went for a run. We had the hotel room until noon, so we hurried home to take the kids back there for a swim. This was the perfect way to end our date. Our life is our kids and each other. To be together doing something we all love, feeling fulfilled with life was the greatest gift.

No comments: