Friday, July 20, 2012

Parades Galore

One of the many perks of working at the Davis Clipper is supervising carriers on the parade float. We started off with Cooper, Heidi and I in the Centerville Parade, then a week later all of us except Spence rode in the Farmington Parade. It was fun and tiring and a good story to tell.


Jorgina asked me to supervise the Bountiful Parade but I wanted to be with our family waiting for the 2000 Stripling Warriors. I volunteered Heidi for the job. What a good friend.

 Spencer and I braved the early morning 7am saving of seats and Bert and Dad helped save our spot at the top of the street with the bed of the truck as a seat. The streets were packed! The Tibbitts, Roys and both Pops and Gmamas were there.

Spence had practiced with the Boys for weeks preparing costumes and sticks. We were all so excited.




I love that Spence is a good YM Leader. He really does love the boys and enjoys serving them. I am grateful he got to share this experience with him. It was surreal to think of sending him and all the YM off to war. What a humbling and special Moment.

No comments: