
Our beloved Kitty has turned 1! She has been a cherished member of our family since February, and we love her so much. She let the kids drag her around as a kitten, and even slept in their beds. She has been such a good sport, putting up with being trapped in laundry baskets, pulled around on a leash, and being carried around by the head and or arms.


Our Sasha loves to be outside. We let her be an outside cat most of the summer until her first attack. Mean "Tom Cat" bit her back, scratched her tummy and tried to take advantage of her. Sasha was really sick for 2 weeks before she started to mend. We have tried to keep her indoors since then. But she seems to sneak out weekly. She has had a few more minor attacks. And today, on her birthday, she was chased up a tree and scratch by "Mean Tom Cat" again!
I am really annoyed. There is a neighbor who feeds the stray cats. There are 3 strays who routinely prey on Sasha. One even comes to our sliding glass door after dark to watch Sasha! It is ridiculous! Sasha has stalkers!
So what is the neighborhood etiquette. Do I go to a neighbor I do not know and ask him to stop feeding the stray cats? I would prefer to poison or hire a hit man for these stray cats, but my conscious will not allow it. The worst part is that with every attack, Sasha gets less social, and less tolerant of the kids playing with her. So we need to get rid of these predators some how.
Maybe I can trap Mean Tom Cat and call animal control...
But today is Sasha's birthday so I will end on a cheerful note:
Happy 1st Birthday Sasha!
6 comments:
Can you get a restraining order on mean old tom cat?
If not, call animal control - but please don't poison the cats!!!!!!
And if you need more help than that, give me a call, I have a number for a guy who .... well, just call.
Poor Sasha, and happy birthday to her too! Even if he stops feeding the cats, they'll be coming back for a while since they're used to the food. It looks like you may need to give Jenny a call! I'm I supposed to schedule V.T. this month? I can never remember.
Hire a hit man!!
I would say to call animal control and ask them what their policy is on coming out to get the strays. Ask what you can do to assist in "containing" the animals for/with them and I bet they'll be willing to help out.
If that doesn't work, let your neighbor know that you'll be sending him Sasha's (and the kid's) medical bills if he doesn't stop feeding the Toms. (Threats always work with kids, so why not with neighbors?)
My vote is for the trap and animal control call....but Jenny also sounds promising, and I'm sure not too cruel.
Poor, Sasha! She should not be abused by those mean Tom's. I say to let the neighbor know what has been happening, that he is attracting the mean toms, and that you need help protecting your sweet family cat. The trap and animal control is the least threatening, tho. Maybe your best bet to getting rid of them.
My family got a "cat trap" for Christmas one year to get the strays under control. I think it was actually a racoon trap, but it worked great. I had to laugh because most people would get a cat for Christmas, but my family got a cat trap. We're not the biggest pet people...
Post a Comment