Friday, October 10, 2008

Third Trimester OCD

I don't want to offend any one who really does have OCD tendencies, but I think I am going crazy! I cannot decided if it is the "Last 5 weeks, get your house ready for baby" syndrome, or the change in weather, but something has possessed me.

Does it seem like the minute you clean something, there is an instant disaster somewhere else?

  • We had our carpet cleaned yesterday, and 2 hours later, Savannah spilled chocolate milk on it.
  • After washing all the linens, Savannah, who never wets the bed, wet the bed!
  • After laundering the bathroom rugs, Savannah dirties them right back up.
  • I vacuum the kitchen, and the kids want to cut paper into tiny little pieces and scatter them every where.
  • Even after all the laundry has been washed and put away, there is a new Mt Washmore in your laundry room?
  • I put away the mail, so how come it reappears on the kitchen counter every day?

How do I get the madness to stop? Either I need to be content living in a filthy, cluttered house, or Overdose on Tylenol as I clean all day long!

Check out my polls, let me know how often you do your chores, to make me feel better. I am sure you all are slaving away just as often as I am.

5 comments:

Jodi said...

I know what you mean! I have the curse too! I spent nearly every waking moment deep cleaning the house this week, and right now, it looks messier than when I started because as I was cleaning, Rocky was getting back at me for not paying attention to him by making bigger messes. We can't win! Ok...I'm going to answer your tag soon...I swear!

Jodi said...

Ok... I just did it! I did half of each tag just to spice things up. Pretty fun.

The Roy Family said...

Sounds like my life but on a bigger scale. I totally relate and feel for you. Maybe everythings intensified in your mind cuz you're SUPER prego. Let me know if the chaos ends after the 3rd has settled in to "destroy peace and happiness." :)
Hang in there! You can do it!!!

Quiggle said...

I hate to be the one to drop the bad news...but your "clean" world will get rocked when #3 shows up.
When I had two I was able to keep up on pretty much everything. Then when Barnes cam along it all fell apart. I am not sure why, but one more got me way behind on everything. I have also come to realize since having him that they will never remember the time I spend cleaning the house, just the time I spend with them. I don't even care anymore when someone knocks on the door and the house looks like a tornado hit. Before, I would have passed out or pretended I wasn't home. :) It's just not important anymore....although it is such a great feeling to have things clean. Wow that was long.

The Prigmore Family said...

I try to vizualize a clean house and hope that one day it will come to fruition. So far...no results.