Sunday, November 30, 2008

Maddux's Blessing Day


Today, November 30th, Spencer gave Maddux his name and a blessing. Maddux was a champ, staying quiet just long enough for the blessing. For Cooper's blessing, Spence started crying after giving him his name, and then emotionally stumbled through the blessing. It is really funny in hindsight. For Savy's blessing, she cried through it, so Spence was a little distracted. Maddux gets the good baby status.

Our house was packed with all our family and friends. Thanks family for coming and celebrating with us. It was a special day, we are pretty sure this is our last baby. Every event or milestone is bittersweet. We are cherishing how small and perfect our little baby boy is. Last night Maddux decided to be awake from 3 am to 4:30am. Instead of being tired and grumpy, I sat on the couch holding Maddux, in the glow of the Christmas tree, loving him. He was so quite and peaceful (he has been a bit fussy lately). I am just loving this little boy who will always be my baby!


I love how he wrinkles his brow.

2 comments:

Luke and Kimmy said...

I lOVE the wrinkled forhead! Oliver had that too until his fat filled in the lines. Maddux is such a stud! SO CUTE!

Niki said...

So cute. Congratulations of his blessing day. I think the last picture with the wrinkled forehead looks like your dad- Richard. What do you think?