Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Crystal Ball

Today I am looking in to my Crystal Ball to see the future...


Natalie and James came over to play today while their mom, Emily, went to an eye appointment with her son. We all know how horrible the waiting room can be with 3 kids, so I offered to have them come play. Savannah and Natalie are great little friends and kept busy.

James is almost 14 months old. I gave him toys and sat him with the girls, but he wanted nothing to do with them. What do toddlers do? I got a preview of my life next January! Today I learned I will need child locks on the kitchen cupboards and bathroom, and that my home is not baby proof. Our house in Lehi was, but I have had older kids here. Man, toddlers are busy. James loves to pull on the spring door stops, and make that vibrating noise. Over and over and over. So cute and entertaining, but loud! I can not wait for this stage with Maddux! Serenity NOW.

These friends left and Savannah soon grew bored. She is at the annoying stage where she asks for a new movie every 15 minutes. She asked for the Alvin and the Chipmunks movie. Well, I couldn't find it.

As I tell her she needs to pick a new movie she states, "I hate being in this family!"

Excuse me? What? This girl is crazy! I ask, "Why do you say that?"

"Because sometimes you get mad at me."

OK child. What ever. Go watch your movie. You kill me.

Serenity now...

And as always, Maddux was a sweetheart. Thanks for the cute shirt and socks Mom!

5 comments:

UtahJenny said...

Oh,my heck - can we trade children for a day - My Boy keeps saying that he wants a new family! I guess I am too mean of a mommy, I am hoping this is just a phase - my girls never did this!

Savage Family said...

Maddux is ADORABLE I love his little face!!!

Quiggle said...

He has changed so much since we have seen him. He is so cute. I think all three of your kids have such different looks.

Megs said...

He looks like such a little man in that picture! Oh, funny Savy. She's got more sass than all of her Winegar boy cousins and brothers put together, doesn't she? :)

Richard and Marianne said...

Isn't it funny how quickly we forget a stage as soon as it passes and move on to the next. Sounds like you ARE enjoying each one and "smelling the roses, too." Maddux is adorable in the outfit. Yeh!