Today I am so grateful for my husband, Spence. He is completely selfless when it comes to our family. He is constantly sacrificing his needs for ours.
Yesterday I either had the flu or food poisoning, lets just say I was very ill from 3 am till evening.
Spence took over the 5 am feeding as I was chillin' in the bathroom.
I really wanted ice. And it had to be the small pebble vending machine ice. He went to 3 gas stations looking for it, with Maddux in tow.
I was too weak and shaky to hold Maddux, so as I slept in bed all day, Spence took care of the kids, and only brought Maddux to me for his feedings.
It is so touching to me to know that Spence can take care of our family. He has always put the kids and me first. I am grateful to have picked such a perfect guy... maybe he picked me, but today I am so happy he loves us.
This Christmas I was just trying to survive the Holidays. Spence and I did not set a budget for each others gifts. We did not even talk about what we wanted. This worked out great for me as Spence surprised me with the lap top and ipod. I gave poor Spence floor mats for his car, a Wii sports pack, and a bottle of Pepsi. I definitely dropped the ball this year, although strangely enough he loved the floor mats.
Goodbye 2008, you will be remembered as the year Spence stepped up. He took care of our family, the laundry, cooking, and cleaning through 4 months of morning sickness. He supported me in my Primary calling, being responsible for the kids on Sundays. He has been Maddux's favorite spot to snuggle. It is only fitting that he celebrated New Years Eve taking care of me. Hopefully 2009 will bring him a break!
I love you baby, thanks.
5 comments:
I hope you are feeling better. What a sad way to spend New Year's Eve- at least it gives you a chance to be truly grateful for Spence. Good job this year Spencer!
Sorry to hear of you being sick that stinks!! Get better!!
Hope you're better Julie.
Way to step up to the plate Spence. Looks like you are a home run hitter. way to go!
I ran into your parents at the grocery store yesterday and they told me about your stomach virus. I'm so sorry! but I'm glad you're feeling a little better :)
Yes, you are blessed with Spence as your eternal companion. He HAS shared and shown his love for you all this year! And, Julie, your words brought tears to my eyes, feeling your sense of love and appreciation for him. That's beautiful.
Post a Comment