Monday, March 2, 2009

Monday Morning

I am so lucky to have a Grandmother who enjoys the Home Shopping Network. This monstrosity is the Jack La Lanne's Power Juicer, one of her purchases she did not enjoy. I have tried to give it away to my sisters, but no one wants this neat contraption.
Savannah, Maddux and I juiced 2 apples, 2 oranges, 5 strawberries, and 5 mini carrots. Savy loves to push the fruit down in to it.





The juice is really beautiful in color, and tasty. I liked orange strawberry best. Savannah lost interest once the carrots went in. A friend of mine makes a mean Wassail drink with her Jack La Lanne, I can't wait until Autumn to try my hand at it. Until then, it will collect dust on my cluttered kitchen counter.

11 comments:

The Roy Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Roy Family said...

I can't believe Maddux is big enough to sit up in a Bumbo! He's so sweet and always looks so relaxed. 21 days and counting until we come to visit!!

The Roy Family said...

I accidently posted my comment twice, so then I deleted the second one and now it left some dumb info about it being deleted. Sorry! It's Monday morning... nough said.

Savage Family said...

He is adorable Julie I just love his little face!! When are you going to come down here and visit me??

The Prigmore Family said...

the last pic of Maddux in the bumbo is ADORABLE!!!! AHHHH he is so cute.

Luke and Kimmy said...

Maddux is a doll! Love that last pic of him in his bumbo...why is it that babies look so dang cute in those silly chairs??? Love it!

Quiggle said...

I actually remember you trying to pawn the juicer off on me. I was not a taker. Looks like you are putting it to good use.
PS is that my bumbo? jk

Jodi said...

I love that juicer! Rich and I have had one for 5 years now and use it lots. That's the only way I can get Rocky to consume veggies and Jack likes it too. It also gives me an energy boost when I drink it. I seriously love the jack juicer. Try 4 or 5 apples, 4 carrots, 4 celery stalks (you can also add a handful of broccoli). Tons of veggies that taste like fruity goodness. Actually the motor in ours is going out (it stops mid carrot), so if you really don't want it, I'll take it! And Maddux is the most adorable little baby!

Megs said...

Um, will you please remind me when I have kids that I need a bumpo and a baby with footie pajamas so that I can take adorable pictures? Thank you.

Jeff & Melissa said...

I love those Bumbo chairs, I wish they had them when Ashley was little *sigh*. Plus, they come in such cute colors which, really, is the most important thing :)

Maddox is so adorable and I love his haircut!!!

Richard and Marianne said...

Yum, keep up the good work. Maybe I'll get mine out now. One that Grandma Quiggle gave me yearrrrrrs ago. Let's try a drink when we are at your house, K? Yes, Maddux is the cutest boy in the world! Sure miss you guys!