Here are the sick kids making jack-o-lantern pizzas
The H1N1 flu has been really mild with our family. Cooper started with a painful cough, then the high fever and body aches. After 2 days he felt better, but still ran a low fever for 3 more days and a runny nose. He still has a dry chest cough which I imagine he will keep for a few more weeks. The CDC states you can leave your home 24 hours after the fever breaks. I took him to school today once he was feeling better.
Savannah has had the same symptoms plus a queasy stomach. Spence has had a low fever, body aches and a cough. He feels fine as long as he is on Advil.
This has been better than the stomach flu. It is manageable as long as everyone has Advil and a movie to watch. We are in the low risk category. The only annoying aspect of this H1N1 is the duration. It is long. Chances are you will have it for more than 3 days, and most likely by the time it has passed through your family it will have been over a week. This is why I say get the vaccine. It is not too bad on your body, but it is long! Spence has had to miss 2 days of work so far, and his office policy is "Do not come to work if any person in your family has the flu." This policy has worked great for me, but bad for our dwindling vacation time.
Maddux just came down with the fever last night and runny nose. He is miserable and a sad sad baby. He is fussing no mater what. He cannot be consoled he feels so miserable. For those of you who have not gotten this yet, you can still be vaccinated. Salt Lake County has 5 clinics which are open every day. They are out of the mist, but still have the shot, which is effective for under the age of 4. Take your little kids. If you have older kids, Davis county still has the mist and you can go to their clinics. When the vaccination is available for adults, Spence and I will still go get it. The CDC is saying if you have had the flu and suspect it was H1N1, to still get vaccinated. If this is not H1N1, and it is the seasonal flu, I cannot imagine how much worse the real thing would be.
I love this website http://www.flu.gov/ This link shows the differences between the flu and H1N1. Honestly, I am really happy we came down with this before the holidays. It is nice to have gotten it and be done with it.
4 comments:
Oh I so sorry your family go this too. I'm not sure ours is the H1N1 or not but man has it been rough. I think we are through the worst of it now but there were some long nights and days involved. I will definitely get the flu shot next year early. Stay healthy Julie!
Bleah and bleah. Stupid flu in all its ickiness.
On the bright side though, those jack o' lantern pizzas are a stroke of genius.
I am so sorry you guys have been sick. I hope you guys are through the worst part. It definitely hits home when you see HALF your school class or your neighbors sick. I know it does for me.
I love the pizzas too! I'll have to do that with my kids. They would LOVE it! You're such a great mom!
In my opinion...you decided RIGHT. get it. get it. get it. Sad you were all sick though. Hope things get back to normal for you soon.
Post a Comment