Wendy has gotten the genealogy bug. She has put about 60 hours the last few weeks linking our family together on the new LDS Family site.
With the parents in town, she invited us to perform the family sealings in the SLC Temple.
You can see the temple behind us out the window.

We went to dinner at The Garden at the top of the JSMB.
Dinner was great.
We teased and laughed like siblings do.
Best of all, our family is now a little bit more connected.
We sealed 19 husbands and wives. My Great Grandparents and so on.
We sealed 16 daughters to parents.
And 8 sons to parents.
Before we began, 2 women in their 40's needed to be sealed to their parents who had passed. Spence and I were chosen to sit in as their parents. As they were sealed as daughters to their deceased parents, I watched these women stare at each other with tears in their eyes. The power of the ordinance on this side of the veil was unbelievable. As a mother I am sure their mother was filled with desire to have them with her. It was beautiful. Grown women being sealed to their Mom and Dad.
I was able to be proxy for many loved ones who are waiting.
Spence was able to act on behalf of many.
We gave Cooper the middle name of Farran for the Quiggle side of the family.
I was glad for the remembrance of their legacy.
Elizabeth, Ann, Lucy, Clara, Jane, Lillian,
All of these were names of which we did ordinances for. Why were none of these names right for Maggie? I am curious as to why she is a Maggie and not a family name.
With the parents in town, she invited us to perform the family sealings in the SLC Temple.
You can see the temple behind us out the window.

We went to dinner at The Garden at the top of the JSMB.
Dinner was great.
We teased and laughed like siblings do.
Best of all, our family is now a little bit more connected.
We sealed 19 husbands and wives. My Great Grandparents and so on.
We sealed 16 daughters to parents.
And 8 sons to parents.
Before we began, 2 women in their 40's needed to be sealed to their parents who had passed. Spence and I were chosen to sit in as their parents. As they were sealed as daughters to their deceased parents, I watched these women stare at each other with tears in their eyes. The power of the ordinance on this side of the veil was unbelievable. As a mother I am sure their mother was filled with desire to have them with her. It was beautiful. Grown women being sealed to their Mom and Dad.
I was able to be proxy for many loved ones who are waiting.
Spence was able to act on behalf of many.
We gave Cooper the middle name of Farran for the Quiggle side of the family.
I was glad for the remembrance of their legacy.
Elizabeth, Ann, Lucy, Clara, Jane, Lillian,
All of these were names of which we did ordinances for. Why were none of these names right for Maggie? I am curious as to why she is a Maggie and not a family name.
1 comment:
It was quite the spiritual boost we each needed. A beautiful gift from us to our ancestors and we were blessed with a stronger bond of love among our living family. Dad and I loved hearing the shared stories and laughter around the dinner table. Quite the celebration for us to be able to enjoy time with you kids.
Post a Comment