I love running with my neighbors and friends Brittany and Kamee. This is our 3rd race together. It was a 6k all girl obstacle course, 2 laps around Wheeler Farm. The theme was very girly, as it was a fund raiser for gynecological cancer. The night before Audrey, Brittany, Kamee, Heather and I went to Olive Garden to carb up and have girl time. Brittany and I also went to DI to buy clothes we could ruin in the mud and throw away after the race.
The obstacle courses were: a field of hay bales to jump/climb over, a swampy field of water deep as your shin with car tires to slosh through, 2 walls to scale, army crawl through muddy water up to your arm pits under ropes, scale a rope wall, a back woods narrow trail flooded with water up to your knees so muddy you were slipping, 2 foot tall pipes to jump over, 3-4 foot tubes to crawl through.
I hate being dirty, and the first lap I avoided all filth. The second lap was so fun as we splashed, threw and deliberately dove in to mud.
Spence, Maddux and Maggie cheered me on. I love my supportive husband!
The Brittany Olsen group: Brittany, Jen, Julie, Jen, Heather, Kamee
(Jen is an Iron Woman!!!)
Freezing cold hoses to clean off, we really were SOOO dirty.
We loved this race so much that we are signing up for the Dirty Dash 10k in September in addition to our traditional Love your Body 6k in October. I hope my knees and old body hold out during training!
2 comments:
Good job Julie!!!
That looks like so much fun. A lot funner than the 180 mile relay we are going to do in a month. If it's not too late maybe I will do the dirty dash I wanted to last year but it was already full.
Post a Comment