Tuesday September 25 I escaped by myself for the first time in 5 years. I had found airfare to Albany for under $200 and didn't look back. Christy and John have lived in Clifton Park for over a year now. I was very excited to see my 2 little nieces. I hadn't seen Abby for 2 years, and was happy to meet Katie. Katie and I were fast friends, maybe because I was sleeping on their couch they watch morning cartoons on, and maybe because I bought her love with a present! This Auntie knows a few tricks.
Wednesday morning Christy, Kelly, Leilani, and I drove the 3 hours to Boston. We were looking forward to walking the Freedom Trail and Italian Pastries.
Christy was a very good tour guide. We visited every main historical sight and took way too many pictures.
I was mainly there for the pastries. We sampled 3 different shops. I ate a Cannoli and many Macaroons from each spot. Oh they were heavenly and I want more right now.
For dinner we met up with Treb and Megan at an authentic Italian Restaurant in Little Italy. They were great company to go with super expensive but super yummy food.
We enjoyed a long meal, a walk to get MORE pastries
and said goodbye where we both had parked by the water. It was so good to see Treb and Megan where they now live. They are fun cute and we miss them.
and said goodbye where we both had parked by the water. It was so good to see Treb and Megan where they now live. They are fun cute and we miss them.
After Ragnar, the following Monday, us 4 girls went to explore Main St in Saratoga. Saratoga is a ritzy Race Track town (horse racing). Million dollar homes and fancy shops.
I am realizing vacation and FOOD go hand in hand. We enjoyed lunch at a sports bar. Umm. I want another Reuben.
This vacation was 8 days 7 nights away from work, family, home, callings, tasks, carpool, homework... It was a destressing getaway that actually worked. I read all 3 books I had brought, and even had to borrow a 4th. This is a big deal since I had not read a book in over a year. Me, a book worm who used to read many many books every month. I have been over scheduled since I began working a year ago and had begun to intensely dislike my routine of life. This trip broke my mad crazy in-control Mom world and brought me back to letting my house be messy and dinner be plain. Life is still intense busy. I can now worry less and let things be. I also love my sisters and had a really good time becoming better friends with Christy and her girls. And to not forget John. We bonded over authentic Chinese Food and a trip to the Massachusetts outlets. One hour with 3 girls at outlet malls makes for good memories when you have a short list of must buys. I sure love my East Coast family.










No comments:
Post a Comment