This year Easter felt good. As a parent I feel like we did a good job teaching the meaning of the day. The kids were terrible in Primary but that is a story for another day. We got to visit with Spence's family at dinner. I even forgot it was Easter day at one point because it was such a low key, even day. It felt better than an extremely commercialized day.
The kids woke up to a magical jelly bean trail leading them to their hidden baskets. Both basket had a kite, a puzzle and candy filled eggs.
They were so happy and ripped through every egg looking for something exciting, besides candy. Cooper was so disappointed until he found a few dollars, he is saving for yet another video game.
The kites and puzzles were immediately assembled. I was happy that the kids were excited over these simply filled baskets.
Today we have had some wind bursts. Cooper was running all over the yard and street trying to fly a kite. After some whining and anger, I taught him about wind currents. I love the age Cooper is at. He totally understood and after a few tries got the kite 10 feet in the air while standing still. Today is not a kite flying windy day, but he was persistent. He would wind up the string as his kite fell and wait for another burst of wind to try again. I am so excited for a windy day for Cooper to really experience success.
1 comment:
Amazing how kites can bring so much joy! Even the cheap $1 kites seem to do the trick!
Post a Comment