Friday, April 3, 2009

Thrifty and Famous

Andrea, Liz, Me, the swing I sold for $7, Tia, Trishia, Sandra, Emily, Karina, Kim V. Wendy's hair, On the floor is Audrey and Jenny

Tonight I was on the news! It is so silly, yet it makes me giddy. The girls in my ward have been holding a Girls Night Out pot luck dinner for almost a year. Last November I asked if we could try adding a Nickel Auction. It was a hit. I love all the girls in my neighborhood, and this event helps me get to know their fun side a little better!

One of the girls in our GNO group told her cousin, reporter Brooke Walker, about our Nickel Auction. She thought it was such a neat idea that she did a news story about us!

I love seeing all my friends on TV. It is silly to say, but we all showed up in our cute clothes, make-up, hair done and good items to sell. Who wants to be shown on the news selling something lame! Check out the story HERE! And a big thank you to my little sis Stacy for dragging me to her Nickel Auction.

10 comments:

Megs said...

So great! Way to look good and sound with it on TV!

Luke and Kimmy said...

Julie, you looked so great and you did a fabulous job! I'm so glad you started this. It really is SO much fun!

Jeff & Melissa said...

Very cool!!! And you all looked so great :)

The VanDerwerken's said...

How fun! Now I need to start a nickel auction here!

The Roy Family said...

Hooray Julie! You looked and sounded awesome! Way to be famous. Sorry I missed it. It was SO good to see and play with you. Love ya!

The Prigmore Family said...

You are FAMOUS!!! Julie, you looked great and spoke like a pro. Ever think of a career in TV? I went to the last nickel auction with Stacy and it was fun. I came home with several treasures. Cool you are carrying on the tradition in your neck of the woods. Again, great job on the interview!!!! Whoo-hoo!

Quiggle said...

It looked like good times!

I just noticed your I love VT button. Do you really? I guess someone has to. (it's not me, shhhhh don't tell)

Ryan and Heather Bartron said...

Julie,

Thanks for posting this. I was a little busy this week and totally missed the news story. I'm glad I got to see my giant self (and my cupcakes) on the news!

Linda Winegar said...

awesome Julie!!! You looked great and sounded very professional. So proud of you. I might have to start one here too. LOL

Jason and Audrey said...

It was fun to be on the news, and to watch us. I would have put the auctioning for the brush on there, I thought it was a highlight of the night. Good job for getting it started! You're so ingenious!