Monday
Nervous for Savy's Individualized Education Plan meeting tomorrow. Got some great advice and felt positive about it. Great weather. The basement is still chaos with the toy room torn apart. A bit short tempered. Gym.
Tuesday
Fell apart on the phone with Savannah's case worker over IEP. Totally lost the goals I wanted her to achieve, but balled so hard on the phone I received kindness and pity. Humiliating and depressing. Had a stressful day with a cry headache at 9 am. Took kids to the park. Made it to the Gym. Basement Still in chaos, me still short tempered. Spence at basketball 9-11 pm. Savy and I painted our toe nails at 10pm.
Wednesday
Things are looking up. Organized and attended fun humanitarian quilt tying morning/playgroup at the church. Cooper had 6 year old Dr appointment. 49 lbs, 60%. 45 3/4 inches tall, 75%. Came home in the afternoon to a message from Cheryl at Inside Edition. Said they were interested in our Nickle Auction piece from the news. Please return her call. Totally curious and delighted. Cooper's first T-ball game. Gym. Visiting Teaching Interview at Church. Basement still in ruins.
Thursday
Talked to Cheryl at 10 am. Inside Edition wants to film our Girls Night Out tomorrow. Will call me back momentarily for address with camera crew information. 4 pm, Cheryl calls to say New York office thinks our story will not work at this time, will keep us on file and contact us in future if interested. Still find this hilarious and bazaar. No time for Gym. Basement still in ruins. Freaked out to Spence about the state of our home.
Friday
Gym. Took kids to Toys R Us to buy a $3 toy with their birthday gift card from Geoffrey the Giraffe birthday club. Stopped in on a whim at Old Navy and found ALL of their women's winter clothes clearanced at 97 cents a piece. Bought 8 sweaters for 77 cents a piece with a 20% off coupon I just happened to have. Hooray for new winter wardrobe. Made bread in my new bread maker, and dinner. Spence took action and had a guy at the house by 5:30pm to replace carpet pad and stretch carpet. Went to Girls Night Out Nickle Auction at Kamee's home. Bought a paper shredder for 5 cents, tons of clothes, a pink chihuahua purse for Sav, and a stuffed toy lemur for Coop.
Saturday

Planned, Organized toy room reassembly. Shopped Petersen's Ski Clearance. Found amazing new Boa Snowboarding boots. NO LACES!!! Just click and twist the knob and the steel wire tightens the boot. Unbelievable. Spence said I can buy them if I board more than once a year. No problem there. Put them on hold to come back for.
Found great deal on new 5 foot tall book case at local Lynn's Home Furnishings. Can you find the pink chihuahua on the shelf?
Went to store 4 times for various organizational items, soda, unicorn prize for Savy. Very happy that ALL toys are stored and categorized in containers. Me happy. Spence happy. Kids toy happy. Cafe Rio for dinner. Forgot to go buy boots. Waiting for kids to go to bed for the week to be OVER!!! Basement finally back to perfection.
5 comments:
I want those storm trooper helmets.
What a week of ups and downs. glad it ended on an up.
I probably should have tried to get the chihuahua purse ... just to make it interesting, but I was getting kind of low on funds by then. Anyhow... what a week! I am tired for you! We had a crazy one, too, but I am just focusing on my upcoming anniversary and not worrying about the rest. I slept during the humanitarian project (since I had been up all night before that) and I forgot about VT interviews (since I had been up all night before that). Anyhow, life is funny. Glad you made it to Nickel Auction anyway! (glad the cameras didn't, this time)
Sounds like your life is crazy. I hope John has helped and not annoyed you with his phone calls. Can't wait to see you soon!
I'm sorry about the IEP's not going well. Our school system sucks. Savy is amazing and you are a great mom, I know she can succeed even if the school isn't much help.
Yeah, on the great deals. I love bargain hunting. I always buy Ava's clothes for the next season during the clearance sales. It can be tricky since she grows so fast through.
Glad your week got better and better. Your organization bins look fantastic and your deals you keep getting are inspiring. Good job on going to the gym so many times!!! I just try to go 2x a week and haven't been making it lately :(
Post a Comment