Friday, August 7, 2009

Prize Fighter



We wanted to do something fun with the family on our last day in town. Savannah missed the beach last time, and since her stitches were taken out Wednesday, we braved Torrey Pines State Reserve Beach again.





One tired baby


A passed out Savy and her new cut slathered in neosporin

While swimming after the beach Savannah jumped off the diving board to the side of the pool and smacked her face on the brick edge. Her nose is skinned, a chunk is missing from the top of her lip, and a new slice runs along the bottom of her lip. It was bleeding so bad, we thought she had re split the healing purple vertical scar. But no, just a new slice running along the lip. It could open and separate. If we had not just gotten stitches we would have been off again to be sewn up. Savannah's hysterical cries of not the Dr again ripped at my heart. We opted for a healing Priesthood Blessing. This accident prone daughter of mine looks like she lost a boxing match.

3 comments:

Jeff & Melissa said...

Ouch! Poor Savy!! Looks like you had a great vacation otherwise though :) Hope you made it home safely.

Kim & Campbell said...

Oh my goodness, poor little girl. she looks so beat up, I'm so sorry. It looks like your vacation was a wonderful one( minus the bumps, bruises and blood)!You got to do so many of my favorite things...I will live vicariously through you for a bit!

Quiggle said...

I am still a little in shock! Your mom filled me in a little, we had no idea. I am so sad for her. I think I am going to bring some bubble wrap camping and we can wrap her and Reeve up together.