Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Scrapbooking

is not for me. I really do not enjoy buying crafty items to spend hours on pages. This is why I am now a blogger, and I also print pictures and put them in fancy leather bound photo albums. The kids love seeing themselves in the albums, and I feel like a good parent, keeping us up to date.

I was once a scrapbooker. The last time I did was in 2003 while I was on bed rest with baby Cooper. I got caught up on our life until his birth. Since then, it is just pictures.


Today I came across my scrapbooks from my youth. They are awesome! They have little artistic qualities, but they hold the pictures of the people and events I hold dear to my heart.






For example, I would never have remembered how I celebrated my 18th birthday. But here is a page showing what I did. My best friends, Jaime, Niki, Jodi, Charity and Melissa spent the night. Once in pajamas, we went out in the rain to do something fun. Apparently we hit a gas station for toilet paper, and thought it would be fun to take a picture holding cans of beer! Totally funny, totally how I remember my friends. We then went off-roading in the rain, got stuck in the mud and had Jaime's boyfriend come pull us out. I love the picture of his jeep stuck in the mud also.


1998, my high school graduation. Don't we look great ladies!

I love the lame stickers and bright card stock paper I used. It is so then, and I am so happy I made these albums. This trip to my past reminds me how much I love these people, my family, and the life which has molded who I am now. ladies, do we all still have the same hair cut? Soo funny.

It makes me want to go and print off more family pictures to keep our albums up to date. I may hate scrap booking, but I am so glad I once did.....now I just need to make my blog books.

6 comments:

Luke and Kimmy said...

How fun to have those pics to look back on. I haven't scrapbooked in over a year so I'm glad I'm not the only one who has fallen off the scrabook wagon.

Hope your family is feeling better.

Jodi said...

Good times! I'm so glad you shared those memories. I had forgotten about our crazy adventures that night of your birthday. What a night! Is that the time it took about 4 jeeps/trucks to get us out because they kept getting stuck too? I miss those days. And yes, I still have the same haircut. How bout the rest of you? Super Schwans forever!

UtahJenny said...

I'm off the wagon, too, but plan on getting it back together ... I have too much stuff ... I have to put it to use. Anyhow, I love the old pics, the memories and all of that. I actually want to do some scrapping retroactivity and get me younger years documented while I still remember.

Niki said...

Good times. Hey, in defense of my hair- I had it long for the last 10 years and only recently cut it short again. Maybe we all need to get makeovers together at Christmas to update our looks. Are you going to CA for Christmas?

Jeff & Melissa said...

Awww good times :) I wish I could click on them and see them bigger! We have such fun back then...we were so adventurous. Now I'm boring :( hehe can't wait to see you all for Xmas!!!

The Prigmore Family said...

YESSSS! Loved these pictures. Thank you for scrapbooking them because I have no idea where mine are.
My hair is ALWAYS the same. I look like a mushroom head if I cut it short.
Thanks again for this blast from the past.