Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Wednesday





We hit Torrey Pines Beach early. The tide was crazy high with a dark churning sea. A low mist was taking it's time burning off. Heidi and the kids loved it, Maggie was less thrilled with the sand and cried when she had to touch it. At one point, the tide rose over 5 feet and swept away some sand toys, 2 towels and Maggie in her shade tent! We had a wild time.
After a quick lunch, Heidi and I raced to the store house to find it was closing in an hour and a half. We worked quick stocking shelves and cleaning up. We both loved serving and working hard. We hope to be able to go back in the future.Heidi was dying to see the sun set a the beach. Mom, Heidi, Coop, Sav and I raced back to the Beach after dinner with Grandma Barbara to catch some cold waves. I was the only brave enough to boogie board, but it was too cold and I stayed out long enough to catch one wave.
We came back to a hot spa and S'mores. My parents really are the best. They love to play and make us happy. The day was fast and tiring. The kids are loving spending time with Gavin and Damon, we love it here!



No comments: