Friday, May 8, 2009

Cooper's Contemplations

Here is the conversation Cooper and I had last night at bed time.



Cooper: Mom, what is a dream girl?

I pause to think, confused as to what context this is in.

Me: What do you mean? Where did you hear that?

Cooper: On TV there is a commercial with a man and his dream girl.

Ohhh.... Hmmm

Me: It is the perfect person for you, everything that you like in a girl that you love. Or if you are a girl, then you have a dream guy.

Cooper: Oh, so Dad is your dream guy and you are his dream girl!



Hmmmm.... What do I say. No? There is no such thing as a dream person? I don't want him to search his entire life for the perfect girl and never get married or be disappointed in life.



Me: Not really, no one is perfect. Mom and Dad like each other and love each other and are best friends.

Cooper: Oh right, like when sometimes you don't like Dad.

Me: Yeah, sometimes we don't like each other, but then we do!

Cooper: Right.



On the way home from the Zoo field trip cooper exclaimed, "This is the best day of my life!"

2 comments:

The VanDerwerken's said...

I love the dream girl question! You are so sensible in your responses. I love it!

Richard and Marianne said...

Happy Mother's Day to you! Looks like you and Cooper have an open field for questions. That can be counted as a success! Love you all, Mom