Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Utah Hogle Zoo

Today I got to go with Cooper's class to the Zoo. Cooper was so excited to ride the bus. I have never been more grateful in my life for bright yellow shirts. With out them I would have had a nervous break-down loosing kids!

I had the blue group, Kayla, Katie, JD, Cooper and Sabastiam. They were actually really good so we had a lot of fun. Why are these bronze statues so exciting? They climbed on a rhino, gorilla, tiger, and elephant.
Cooper is on the Diamondback team in T-ball. I was so happy we got to see 2! Oh, they creep me out. Cooper loved the poison dart frog and lemurs. (do you see the cellphone in the right bottom corner? Katie brought a phone and was taking pictures of animals and called her parents a few times. Really? Who gives their kindergartener a cell phone? I let her call her parents all she wanted, hoping she would annoy them and they would think twice about her using it!)



The Black Bears gave us a good show, swimming and playing.

I love Cooper and am so glad I get to be a part of his life. He still loves me right now, and it is cool to have your Mom be a helper. I hope I can build a strong friendship with Cooper now so he will still need and want my friendship when he grows up.

5 comments:

Marci said...

Ahhh, this just about made me cry. When I was prego with Ava I went to the zoo and saw some kids on a field trip. Ever since then I have been excited to go on a field trip with her class. (I know she isn't even in school yet.)
Copper is so blessed to have a mom who wants to chase his class around. I bet you're exhausted though! :)

UtahJenny said...

I ♥ Field Trips!!! That is hilarious about the little girl and the phone, I think you totally took the right approach! And it is great that it is cool to be the mom right now, what am I going to do when that changes???

Kasidy and Brittany said...

How fun! Bright yellow shirts...that was a brilliant idea. It sounds like you had a blast at the zoo and really who gives their little girl a cell phone? They are starting way too early aren't they? Can you imagine what she's going to be like in junior high?

The VanDerwerken's said...

It sounds like you and Cooper had a lot of fun! I can't believe Cooper is so old! It doesn't seem that long ago that I was bouncing around with him as a newborn! You are such a great mom!

Richard and Marianne said...

Wow, that was so fun for Cooper to have Mom be with him! I remember those days, and they are to be cherished for sure. Don't worry, Cooper will love you forever! You are way too cool. So glad you have that chance to be with him.