Monday, August 31, 2009

Creepy Cooper

Cooper took 2nd place out of 14 boys in a hula hooping contest. Thank you Aunt Stacy for training him this summer!



Yesterday he lost his second top tooth. As the parent, I am reflecting upon how Cooper is excited for new teeth, and Maddux is loosing sleep and cranky about new teeth. It seems to always come full circle in this family. If you can enlarge the picture you will see his creepy fleshy gum. When Cooper pulled out the tooth, the root did not come with it. Gross.

I have to share our conversation from this morning:
Me: Did the tooth fairy come?
Him: Yeah
What'd he bring you?
2 dollars?
Do you like that?
Shrug, It's lame
What do you think the tooth fairy should've brought?
Like $300. That would've been cool.

It seems Spence and I are in for it.

Cooper is getting used to his new school and first grade. He was placed in second grade literacy. Today he came home with a spelling list. After reading the words I started to laugh and thought, how did he test so well in the placement exam? There is no way he will be able to memorize and write all these words. Hopefully, for my sake, he gets changed to a more appropriate class. Otherwise we are in for some hard long homework!

2 comments:

The Prigmore Family said...

Hilarious! 300 bucks. That kid is a quick one!

Richard and Marianne said...

The price of the tooth Fairy has gone waaay up. Maybe like our Federal budget. Who's going to subsidize the Tooth Fairy? Really, $2 doesn't go very far. What did you get? 50 cents or a dollar? I hope it wasn't a quarter.