Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Torrey Pines Beach

I hate sand, but I braved the beach to let my son finally get to play in the ocean. We traded Savy and Maddux for Stacy and Gavin.




Here is our Bakugan fortress






Cooper tried boogie boarding, which proved too dangerous as the water would splash his face.



Stacy and I caught some fun waves. As kids we would sit on our boards far out and wait for the big waves which would nearly drown us. Today we slowly made our way out. Stacy has been watching Shark week on the Discovery channel. The ocean is too scary for us old ladies now.




(Julie on left, Spence on Right)

Spence is glad I made him come boarding with me. I coerced him out to the big waves. It had been over 7 years since we had done this. Why did we wait so long! We loved it.




Stacy is a pro at catching sand crabs. Once the crabs started to die, Cooper was brave enough to touch and free them.




Spence and I are loving our Cooper who is growing up and enjoying older activities. I love having the kids one on one.

2 comments:

The Roy Family said...

It was REALLY nice to do the kid one on one thing. Thanks for letting us come with you. I'm so happy we weren't eaten by sharks as we tried to catch some waves. :)

Quiggle said...

I am happy you decided to brave the sand! We could do the beach every day. Love it!