Saturday, November 19, 2011

I want to remember this week.

We spent the week in survival mode. Spence left for a conference in Las Vegas after he took Maddux to the first day of Preschool. 
Monday we did preschool, naps, afternoon carpool, Bert and Judy tended while I went to work for an hour, dinner and FHE with Ashley, and ended with the Library. My kids are out of control at the Library. It was a disaster. But we survived Monday.
 Tuesday was supposed to be relaxing, all we did was CLEAN! Laundry and house work and yard work and leaves and homework. It was exciting and manageable. We needed to change phone companies and we decided to try Magic Jack. It did not go well. I spent 2 hours trying to buy and figure it out with our crazy Internet. I realized we did not have the right kind of wireless router, so I angrily gave up. I got soo uptight and stressed after dinner. The kids were so wild and the house was instantly destroyed and I just really wanted to scream.  I sat at the kitchen table and just prayed. I cannot do this on my own Lord, just take this stress and let me be a good Mom.  And all the craziness was still there but our night changed.
 Wednesday went better. I was really blessed and the day went as well as it could. But it was INSANE. Maddux had preschool, so Maggie and I took the Magic Jack back to exchange for another one, went to Costco to buy most of the food for the RS dinner that evening, dropped it all off at the Church, went to play group, put Maggie down for a nap, got Mary the neighbor to sit with the sleeping baby while I went and got Maddux at school, tried to get the new Magic Jack to work, and cleaned some more.
The greatest blessing of the day was my friend Jenny. I had a service learning meeting after school and did not want the 2 babies to come. She asked to watch them. The meeting was heavenly and wonderful being childless for 30 minutes. It was such an unexpected blessing. But when I got home with all the kids I found out I needed to run to work for 30 minutes. Ashley was free to come over while I took care of last minute items.
I needed to be to the Church by 5 pm. We raced to get homework done and dinner in the oven. Ashley watched the kids while I ran to the Church with the keys to get the committee on track. I sped home to feed the kids, then brought them all to the Church to be in the Nursery. I led the Dinner/special speaker which was amazing and inspiring. Bert came and got the kids at 7:30 to put them to bed. This let me stay and be the only Presidency Member who could stay to lock up the closets as the others had a crazy day also. I made it home by 9ish to finish the dishes, pick up the house and get Maddux to bed.
 Thursday was paper day and actually my calmest day of them all. We raked more leaves and folded newspapers. Work was a little busy as I had a few angry parents call about the Thanksgiving day paper delivery. Bert was a huge help taking Cooper on his paper route. I totally lucked out not having to make any paper or supply deliveries. We were able to get homework done and in backpacks.
 Friday was Moms and Muffins! Judy came to tend the babies at 7:10 am while we went to school for the book fair and Muffins. The kids were so happy with their purchases. It was hard to enjoy with the masses of people. I was scheduled to run with Brit at the gym but Maggie was a mess. 8 babsitters in 2 days did not sit well with her. By 8:30 am she was done for the day so we canceled and decided to put her down for a nap. At Noon I had 4 missed paper deliveries to make. I also realized I needed to fire 2 carriers and replace them in a week. So I spent the afternoon on the phone with contacts but I succeeded and have 2 contracts scheduled for next week. Hopefully this will make disgruntled customers happy. Savy went to Joshua's after school and Cooper to Tanner's. Maddux and Maggie both woke up too early this morning and were terrors ALL day. By 3 pm they both finally gave in and crashed. I woke them up at 4:45 to pick up the kids and drive to the airport to get Spence! The kids were so excited to see him.
 What I learned this week: Single parenting is not OK. Kids need a mom and a dad. this is the perfect plan and my heart breaks for those who do not get this. I need my husband to complete me at the end of the day. The kids need both parents at the end of the day too.  We may have a crazy life but it is ours together to work through.
Today was catch up day. Week mornings are too hard to make breakfast so I made a good breakfast to appease the kids, raced to Breaking Dawn with Ashley, made lunch, went grocery shopping and everything else in between. We are insane!
I also missed running this week. I needed the mind clarity which comes from it. So I am grateful for exercise when I can get it. It is a necessity.
My kids are adorable and I do not tell them this enough. I learned that they are growing too independent too fast because I am so busy. I made 3 goals at RS Wednesday to work harder at.
1. CONSISTENTLY read the scriptures to the kids every day.
2. Take time to NURTURE my kids every day.
3. Say SORRY more often to set the example.

No comments: