Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving Week

The week began with Megan and Eric arriving from Texas. We celebrated Maddux's 3rd Birthday. He is LOVING presents and was so happy with every gift. His cake was super heros! Grandma knows best.

Wednesday evening Spence and I really felt the need to get out. We found a babysitter last minute and invited Meg, Eric, Bert and Jude on a triple date to Gormandise down town. It is the best little french bakery and cafe. As a group we ordered 6 desserts. They have these little porcupine cakes. Soo good. And the company carpooling in our van was also an adventure. Spence is such a dork driving us down Wall St. Sheesh, I am glad to still be alive.


 Thanksgiving day was really smooth. I was expecting Clipper delivery day to be hectic. It was not and we enjoyed a busy morning of Turkey bowl, me sneaking in a run, baking Sweet Potato Souffle, and napping.  Maddux and Maggie had colds and did not sleep well the night before which was exhausting.

Dinner was great at the Winegars. The kids made animal crafts with Meg and Eric and the adults cleaned and looked through the ads. The previous night Maggie could not sleep. I ended up watching TV with her around 2am. I saw an ad for Walmart and a Black Friday deal on a Trampoline! I was determined to get one for my Parents to give the kids.

At 6 everyone minus Ty's family went to see Arthur Christmas while I took Maggie home for jammies then to Walmart to wait in line for the Trampoline. Spence came and picked up Maggie from me at 8. I was so lucky to get a Tramp at 10 pm, then made it home by 11.  Spence then went back to Walmart at 12am for his purchases. This was my first Black Friday to REALLY want something and save BIG. Both Spence and I were exausted going on only 4 hours of sleep 2 nights in a row. But it was worth it!

No comments: